June 15, 2021
- Please check Times and Dates for your Time Zone Below.
- Add the Event to your Calendar using Google Calendar or ICal.
- Google Calendar or iCal will automatically change the event dates to your time zone and log it in your Calendar.
Theo’s Mallet – with Turned Oval Handle – With Theo Haralampou from his studio workshop in Brisbane, Australia
LIVE SESSION 35
Is it Thor’s Hammer???…naah…it’s Theo’s Mallet !!
In this session, Theo guides us how to create this great utility item for the workshop or kitchen.
It can be uses as a ‘persuader’ for stubborn woodworking joints, as a meat tenderizer for the BBQ, or for knocking in tent pegs. The uses are endless!!
Turning an oval handle on 3 centres is the main feature of this demonstration.
In this project Theo will cover:
- The importance of grain direction and alignment
- Drilling the handle hole centrally on the lathe
- Getting the best finish from a roughing gouge
- Uncovering the mystery of off-centre turning to form the oval handle
- Inserting the wedge… do’s and don’ts.
Please check Times and Dates for your Time Zone
You only need to register on this site once, and your login codes will be sent to you automatically for each session.
USA & CANADA – Tuesday 15th June
- 16:30 / 4.30pm (PDT)
- 17:30 / 5.30pm (MDT)
- 18:30 / 6.30pm (CDT)
- 19:30 / 7.30pm (EDT)
SOUTH AMERICA – Tuesday 15th June
- 19:30 / 7.30pm (BOT)
- 20:30 / 8.30pm (ART)
UNITED KINGDOM – Wednesday 16th June
- 00:30 / 12.30am (BST) – just after midnight
EUROPE – Wednesday 16th June
- 01:30 / 1.30am (CEST) – early morning
- 02:30 / 2.30am (EEST) – early morning
SOUTH AFRICA – Wednesday 16th June
- 01:30 / 1.30am (SAST) – early morning
RUSSIA -Wednesday 16th June
- 02:30 / 2.30am (MSK) – early morning
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Wednesday 16th June
- 03:30 / 3.30am (GST) – early morning
AUSTRALIA – Wednesday 16th June
- 07:30 / 7.30am (AWST) WA
- 09:00 / 9.00am (ACST) SA, NT
- 09:30 / 9.30am (AEST) NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT, QLD
NEW ZEALAND – Wednesday 16th June
- 11:30 / 11.30am (NZST)
If the times don’t work for you this week, stay tuned….we have plenty more Live Sessions coming to accommodate different times zones!