12th October 2022
Join now for the next Record Power Live Sessions
YOUR FREE EDUCATION RESOURCE
REGISTER HERE FOR YOUR FREE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMME
You only need to register ONCE to receive:
Automatic notifications and ‘Login Codes’ for each Live Session
Also benefit from:
- Unlimited access to to all Live Sessions
- Member product offers and discounts
- Special pricing for private one to one sessions
- Interaction with our global community
- Access to new video releases
- Demonstrator Q&A sessions
- Member competitions and prize giveaways
- Access to our members gallery
Coming Up Soon….
The Ebonised Platter
LIVE SESSION # 70
With Emma Cook from the Record Power studio workshop in Chesterfield, England
The Live Sessions Stream Team welcomes Emma Cook, aka – The Tiny Turner who will introduce us to….
‘THE EBONISED PLATTER‘
we hope that you can join us!
Emma is a registered professional woodturner in the UK, having over 20 years of experience in the craft. She began turning at the age of 16 and soon realised she wanted to turn her new hobby into a career. After graduating from university where she attained a BA(Hons) in Performance Design, she launched her brand ‘The Tiny Turner’.
Since then, Emma has become a popular demonstrator throughout the UK, branching out into America over the last couple of years via remote demonstrations. She also runs a successful YouTube channel hosting regular livestreams and providing project tutorials; and has build an online shop via her website that sells all sorts of things for woodturners.
Emma is also a skilled wood carver and enjoys combining both crafts to create some truly unique items.
In this session, Emma covers:
- What wood is good… for turning Platters and Bowls?
- Turning a platter using a traditional grind bowl gouge
- Looking at proportions for platter layouts
- Ebonising: the pros and cons of the different techniques available
- Adding leather cord as an embellishment