15th March 2023
CLICK HERE FOR TIMES AND DATES
Join now for the next Record Power Live Sessions
YOUR FREE EDUCATION RESOURCE
REGISTER HERE FOR YOUR FREE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMME
You only need to register ONCE to receive:
Automatic notifications and ‘Login Codes’ for each Live Session
Also benefit from:
- Unlimited access to to all Live Sessions
- Member product offers and discounts
- Special pricing for private one to one sessions
- Interaction with our global community
- Access to new video releases
- Demonstrator Q&A sessions
- Member competitions and prize giveaways
- Access to our members gallery
Coming Up Soon….
Woodturning Projects …that Sell
& Essential Woodturning Techniques
with Theo Haralampou
LIVE SESSION # 73
Live from Theo’s Studio Workshop in Brisbane, Australia
we hope that you can join us!
The Record Power Stream Team is delighted to announce the return of Theo to the Live Sessions Stage….Woohoo!!
In this Live Session, Theo shares practical project ideas that make great gifts and also sell well.
Theo takes time to delve deep into techniques, which can be applied across a spectrum of woodturning projects.
We get to learn about the critical areas of tool sharpening, shaping and angles. Did you know that you can use your roughing gouge like a skew? – Theo shows you how ….as he delivers a stream of light-bulb moments and groanworthy Dad jokes.
Techniques and focus areas will include:
- Shaping and sharpening angles
- How to use your roughing gouge like a skew
- Rounding heels
- Programming muscle memory
- Creating consistent curved tapers
- Sanding techniques for curved surfaces
- The benefits of using a chuck for turning between centres
- Bandsaw hacks for timber on the edge.
In this Tool Talk session, we welcome Canadian woodturning expert, and resident Live Sessions panellist… Ruby Cler.
Ruby hones in on the Bowl Gouge – and discusses the various grinding angles that are required for specific applications.
We learn about the ‘ideal’ cutting edge shapes, shapes that are ‘okay’…..and shapes that are ‘dangerous’.
Did you know that turning tools are measured differently depending on where they are manufactured?
Ruby lays it out …and clears up the confusion.