September 14, 2021
- Please check Times and Dates for your Time Zone Below.
- Add the Event to your Calendar using Google Calendar or ICal.
- Google Calendar or iCal will automatically change the event dates to your time zone and log it in your Calendar.
Fine Spindle Turning 101 – With Theo Haralampou from his studio workshop in Brisbane, Australia
LIVE SESSION 47
It’s difficult to improve on nature, however….
This is your Fine Turning 101 session, where so many techniques are uncovered around spindle gouge control.
In this demonstration, Theo collaborates with the delicate shell of a sea creature, mounted on a finely turned stand.
We learn how to illuminate these delicate gifts from nature, with tiny LED’s. The light shines bright through hundreds of micro-holes creating a mini fantasy light show, making perfect presents for those who appreciate objets d’art.
We hope that you can join us!!
In this project Theo will cover:
- Fine spindle turning 101
- Sea urchin types and preparation
- Wood choices and finishes
- Creative designs for mushrooms and towers
- Finial shaping and mounting
- LED light installation
Please check Times and Dates for your Time Zone
You only need to register on this site once, and your login codes will be sent to you automatically for each session.
USA & CANADA – Tuesday 14th September
- 16:30 / 4.30pm (PDT)
- 17:30 / 5.30pm (MDT)
- 18:30 / 6.30pm (CDT)
- 19:30 / 7.30pm (EDT)
SOUTH AMERICA – Tuesday 14th September
- 19:30 / 7.30pm (BOT)
- 20:30 / 8.30pm (ART)
UNITED KINGDOM – Wednesday 15th September
- 00:30 / 12.30am (BST) – just after midnight
EUROPE – Wednesday 15th September
- 01:30 / 1.30am (CEST) – early morning
- 02:30 / 2.30am (EEST) – early morning
SOUTH AFRICA – Wednesday 15th September
- 01:30 / 1.30am (SAST) – early morning
RUSSIA – Wednesday 15th September
- 02:30 / 2.30am (MSK) – early morning
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Wednesday 15th September
- 03:30 / 3.30am (GST) – early morning
AUSTRALIA – Wednesday 15th September
- 07:30 / 7.30am (AWST) WA
- 09:00 / 9.00am (ACST) SA, NT
- 09:30 / 9.30am (AEST) NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT, QLD
NEW ZEALAND – Wednesday 15th September
- 11:30 / 11.30am (NZST)
If the times don’t work for you this week, stay tuned….we have plenty more Live Sessions coming to accommodate different times zones!